...running and otherwise.
1) I am a huge running fan. I love watching the marathon distance in particular. I can watch a full televised race from start to finish. When I got to meet folks like Sell, Meb, Merga, et al last year at Houston, I was in heaven. Now if they would only start televising ultra events..
2) I am a Korean American. My Korean sucks, but I'm working on it. At least I can order food at restaurants which really, is the most important thing.
3) Speaking of food, I hate cucumbers with a passion...but love pickles. Yup, I'm crazy complicated.
4) I was a smoker for 12+ years. I try not to think about how far along I'd be if I'd been running during that time.
5) I'm a native Angeleno, so no - it's not cool when you talk shit about my city. If you don't like it here, go back to your hometown. Transplant.
6) I tend to talk a lot when I'm nervous.
7) Ok, ya got me - I just talk a lot. Period.
8) I think most all politicians are full of shit, concerned only about getting re-elected or advancing their careers.
9) I was hand-selected at the last minute to fill in for an M.I.A. male runway model. Most fish-out-of-water experience of my life.
10) Sauteed brussel sprouts in olive oil with some Lawry's seasoning salt = my new favorite thing.
11) The last fistfight I was involved in was over 10 years ago. With my best friend at the time. We both immediately started laughing when the scuffle ended.
12) Reason #186 why trail running is better than pavement: the world is your bathroom.
13) Reason #1? The people. The COMMUNITY.
14) While I'm trying to eat more healthy, non-processed food as of late, my Achilles Heel will forever be french fries. I consider myself somewhat of a french fry aficionado.
15) From a comedic standpoint, I think Jon Stewart, Adam Carolla and Conan O'Brien are effing brilliant.
16) Mila Kunis over Angelina Jolie. Every. Single. Time.
17) I can be a very impatient person. It's one thing I'd definitely change about myself if I could.
18) I realize motorcycles are dangerous, but if something makes you feel alive - why not do it? Since when did life become about proceeding cautiously from one day to the next?
19) Stop making excuses. It's a very unattractive quality.
20) Running's a lot like religion. Don't impose your beliefs onto others about what YOU think running should be all about. Running really is what you choose to make and take from it. No more, no less.